I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.
- 2 Corinthians 6:18

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Letting Go and Loving Louder: 6 Things Learned in March

  March, you brought a downpour of mercy and grace. You unveiled new-found strength with delight. You, March, were a month of peace. You were a month of finding peace within the trials of living in a world that is hurting. You were a month of holding tightly to that peace, of being anchored in peace. You brought new realizations and welcome reminders. This month I learned...

one. Letting go of control is the most freeing thing. Ever.  How long did it take me to get to this place of complete trust and total surrender? Plenty long enough. It's a beautifully sweet place of peace because I know, I truly believe the Creator of my soul is holding me. I don't have to have everything figured out and I do not have to do it all.

two. Georgia really needs to figure out where spring is hiding- and drag it back. Please. No more 68 degrees one day but 38 the next. Trust me, I don't mind the cold, but when March is nearly over and it still feels like winter, something is wrong. It's actually semi-warm as I type this... But I'm not getting my hopes up.

three. Disciple Now is my favorite youth event of the year. Okay, so I kinda already knew this.. I look forward to D-Now every year. This year did not disappoint. Coming away from Disciple now with my heart on fire, full of passion and a desire to pursue Christ is a given. That happens every year I go, and I love it. I crave it. D-Now draws me closer to Him each year. It renews and grows my desire for Christ, and brings me closer to an amazing group of ladies I am privileged to call my small group. It really is the best weekend ever.

four. Being closer to Christ will always, always, always bring conflict. I am in a war. I am in a battle that tries to cloud my mind with doubt and fill it with fears. This attack that is happening right now, this is where God is bringing my 2014 word "anchor" into play. This is where the words "be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength" need to be etched in my heart and resounding in my mind. Two weeks after D-Now, after the "spiritual high" has died down, I am still closer than I have been before to Christ. I feel the seriousness of the war that is raging. The gentle, loving whispers of His redemption threaten to be drowned out by the attacks of the enemy. This is why the need to be anchored and strong in Him is so important.

five. Love is an action. Through various circumstances this month, I've come to realize the importance of this. Plain and simple, love is an action. I can say I love you but without doing anything to assure you of it, what good does it do? I'm trying to make an effort to "love louder" in the lives of some people in my life. Christ calls us to live like Him. To love like Him. Loving like Him involves compassion- to jump in and suffer with. Loving someone means being involved in their life, showing them that you care. I want to radiate a Christ-like love, a love-is-a-verb love to each and every person I come across.

six. {Even though y'all already know this}..I love Compassion International. Maybe this one doesn't count. But each month God opens my heart wider for the children of the world. My eyes are continuously being opened to their desperate needs, but also their deep joy. Compassion is making such a huge difference in the lives of those children. You begin to understand this firsthand when you receive a letter from your sponsor baby's pastor, rejoicing for the baptism of forty beneficiaries in the program. When your sponsor child who doesn't know the love of an earthly father but gets to experience her heavenly Father's love says "goodbye with a big hug". When you hear stories of former Compassion children sponsoring children themselves because Compassion took their hand and walked with them out of poverty and into new life... I could go on like this for days. Compassion changes not only the kids on those packets, but the people who get to pour into their lives as well. Again and again, I love Compassion.


   These are just a few of the many, many things I learned in March. It has been a crazy blessed month in my sometimes chaotic life. I'm so thankful for grace and peace which transcends all understanding. I am praying that I will choose to live in His love each day and shine that love to the ends of the earth. I hope each and every one of you had a month just full of Him. I love you guys!


2 comments:

  1. Love is definitely an action! You can say it, but until you show it, it doesn't have much impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ashley! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete