I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.
- 2 Corinthians 6:18

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Stand in Him...


 Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength.
-Ephesians 6:10, HCSB


 Immerse yourself in truth, so when the enemy tries to whisper the lies that say, "You can't do this. You aren't strong enough. No one believes in you," you can stand and say that You can do all things for you are covered in His strength! You are chosen and held by your Maker. He makes you righteous and pure.

 Have faith; hold it before you and let it surround you. Then, even though the enemy hurls arrows of fear, shame, pain, and failure intended to cripple you; the faith and trust that Christ died to redeem you, redeem your mistakes, and take hold of your past, present, and future can resound in your heart. Faith can dispell the fear and loosen the chains that hold you captive.

 Now, standing in His truth and holding tightly to faith, sandle your feet with readiness for His gospel, the gospel of peace. In the middle of the war, take hold of that peace. Let Christ pour His love into you each day, so you can turn around and be an outpour of Him. When you are engaging in serving His people and spreading His word, it's harder for the enemy to creep in. Bring His peace and hope to others and to yourself.

 Take the helmet of salvation from the God who called and redeemed you; wear it as a reminder of your identity in Him. He came and picked you up from your brokenness and made you His. He calls you now to live for Him, picking up the sword of His word. Hide His word in your heart, let His spirit penetrate the deepest, darkest parts of you. Let His light shine through you, fighting the attacks of the enemy.

 Always, always, always pray. Draw near to Christ each and every moment of the day. He covers you with Him; He provides all that you need to stand strong. He is all that you need. Stay strong and stay alert. Be bold yet humble. Live for Him, don't give up the fight, because He died for you. 

 Lord, I need this reminder daily. Speak your truth into my soul, in the moments that I feel crippled by fear and when I feel like giving up. Fill me with You, God. The nearness of Your presence is so sweet. I feel like such a target for Satan right now. Equip me to stand against him. I am not strong enough, but You, Lord, You are. Cover me in Your strength; pour Your love over me. I don't know what's ahead but You have orchestrated every detail of my life. Show me the steps to take when I can't see what is in front of me. Guide my life, Lord. You are holding me and holding my future. I want to live in the now, in the power of Your presence. Strengthen me, Father, so I can live for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment